Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Blackberry Nation

One day our grandchildren will marvel at how easily we took the bit in our mouths, shouldered the load, and pressed on. My buddy Zack remarked how weird it was to see an old man at the Senate hearings doing the "Blackberry prayer", that sort of bowed position, bent over a screen only James T. Kirk could love, thumbs dancing.

But hold on, that's not my point. Here I sit on the pavillion of unmentionable name, turning my back to the wind, hunched in an unnatural glow...all to say this.

Chester and I had to ignore that little yappin' dog for the last block into the woods. It was pathetic really, like an animal gone mad for a reaction--any reaction. My wife, Calamity Jane, says animals (and then pauses, adds conspiratorily, and children) are a reflection of their owners. I agree--I think attention, affection and interaction work on all levels of intelligence.

Did I ever mention that Chester is a damn fine good one?..he caint hep it...


Oddly enough, after that, my Blackberry crashed. Coincidence? I think not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home