Friday, January 06, 2006

Love Stinks
HIPPO: "We need to talk."

TORTOISE: "Oh oh. What's the matter?"

HIPPO: "This is never gonna work."

TORTOISE: "Don't say that sweetheart."

HIPPO: "It's," shaking head, "it's just that you've become aloof. I want to get close to you but there's this...this..."

TORTOISE: "Shell?"

HIPPO: "Yes! Shell! Oh honey, I didn't want to accuse you, I know you try. But I just feel like there's a part of you I can never reach."

TORTOISE: "The part protected by my shell perhaps?"

HIPPO: "Yes!"

TORTOISE: "No one can reach that."

HIPPO: "Oh darling, don't say that! Don't shut me out!"

TORTOISE: "No. I don't think you understand. It's just the way I am."

HIPPO: Sobbing "Oh why must you be so hard?"

TORTOISE: "Baby, it's not you...it's me. I'll call ya."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home