Monday, January 02, 2006

On Spying, Trying and, at last, Dying

President Bush on his 'Constitutional' authority to spy on citizens.

"As president and commander in chief, I have the constitutional responsibility and the constitutional authority to protect our country. Article 2 of the Constitution gives me that responsibility and the authority necessary to fulfill it."
George W. Bush

"Our President's crazy. Did you hear what he said?"*
David Byrne

A new year. Full of promise to rectify all those things you did wrong last year (or maybe the last number of year.)

I'll try:

to train for the mountain climb,
to enjoy every minute with the booglet,
to work like I don't need the money,
to remember those who can no longer carry their memories

Because this may have been my last New Year's Eve, spent with campagne, lobster, red wine and delicacies. Who knows. Do you?

__________
*My good friend Bobalouie says 'tell them you're posting from my computer if you're talking bad about the President.' Okay, Bobalouie, there you go. But I always capitalized his title and it's true. Oh well, if you are listening in, Big Brother, my name is spelled j e m i s o n. May I recommend George Orwell's classic of 1948...or perhaps Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451.

1 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger Christa said...

Can I join you and Bobalouie in your comments about the prez? My name is spelled c h r i s t a.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home