Thursday, January 05, 2006

Random

"And if my thought-dreams could be seen
They'd probably put my head in a guillotine."
Bob Dylan

I'm going to the cabinet for a glass. I open the cabinet door. No glasses. Tea, coffee, creamer...no glasses. This is the wrong cabinet. Dude, the glasses are the next door down. How many times have you gone to that door? Hundreds? How long have you lived in this house? Dude, you designed this house--you don't remember where you put the glasses?

What makes the mind wander like that?

I pulled a five dollar bill out of my pocket to pay. I wonder, where else has this bill, being so casually discarded by me, been? Was it given to a small child and represented a magnificent treasure? Did it pay off an evil debt? Where's it been? Ah fiver, we hardly knew ye!

"Juice money
Loose money
Blue money, honey
Breau money."
Van Morrison

Why is it that tort reform never seeks to reduce the lawyers a business or an insurance company hires, just the poor saps being tooled on?

If the green I see is different from the green you see, yet we both agree that the color is green, (I mean, we both agree that grass is 'green', the bottom light on a stoplight is 'green') does that give my universe a whole different hue? We both look at the sky and call it blue, but through my eyes it's your red...

Would you enjoy sunsets more?

1 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger Christa said...

I've often wondered similar things about "the fivers" I've held myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home