Monday, November 14, 2005

Now Where Was I?
Quick break in the action to get down and meet the new Ms. JLA, Dude, we're puttin' the band back together! A good time had by all, probably even including Scooter. My fingers are still sore.

The ride back home drifted inward with only the cadence of the highway and my own thoughts to keep me company. I see everyone (including myself) setting up families and having less and less time for these kinds of occasions. It's natural and part of life--but I still miss the times--probably because they are a reflection of a simpler era.

All that said though, there's no going back. And none of us would even if given the chance. So, like John Hiatt said:

Grab your Aqualung,
The loading has begun...


Good to see you, my old friend. And always interesting to see the reflections too.

2 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger jemison said...

I am not, Jacko, but yet, Mrs. Jacko...
I have just spent the last few days with Mr. Jacko's buddies. At first, I could not grasp the concept of their friendship but as I listened to the stories, the memories, the love; I come to realize how lucky I was to be able to come into this tight circle of not only friends but of family. I enjoyed every comment, every song and every shared story of my husband's life and I know he has become the wonderful and caring person he is..... because of his friends. Thanks, Jemeson,
Becky, Mark and Melissa...

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger jemison said...

D--Come see us so we can repay the hospitality! Welcome to the family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home