Friday, November 04, 2005

Of Hugs, Bugs, and A Day at the Farm
Last night I had a dream. In the dream, I met an old friend and she gave me a warm hug. She commented I looked to have gained weight and that it suited me. I forgot all about it until I was having morning coffee and watching the clouds play hide and seek with the sleepy rising sun. Then, the memory rushed over me like a warm wave. I don't know the friend's name, and can't remember whether it was ever revealed in the dream. I don't think it was. The memory left me with a profound sense of peace. Perhaps it was a lingering soul from All Soul's Day.

As I was pondering these things, a jellow jacket, Vespula maculifrous fell from the wisps of midnight jasmine, Jassamine officinale growing up the rainspout on the corner of the house. My first inclination was to step on it. But instead, I backed away and admired his beautiful jellow and black markings. It somehow felt wrong to kill something so miraculous, even if it can sting. If we were only judged by our capacity to inflict pain, there would be trouble...
Today, Mommy and the Booglet are going to an old farm. I'm going to meet them for lunch and find out about all the little piggies and moo cows she saw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home