Monday, March 13, 2006

Monday Morning Musings

Outside all weekend and the Booglet and I both got some sun. Tilling the garden again and mixing in the magic potion--mushroom compost. Bubba hauled a load for us and we mixed it up. Sunflowers planted and peas, tomatoes, cucumbers, watermelons and squash are sprouting up in their trays for next week's transfer to the garden.

Quick (without looking) what color are the President's eyes?* I thought about this several days ago, guessing that blue eyes are probably more prominently represented in our past presidents. This has been hard to confirm though (the search has taken a lot longer than I thought). Still, it appears that blue eye color is strongly represented in our past presidents (around 33%) as are, oddly enough, gray eyes. (James K. Polk–cold gray eyes; Franklin Pierce–penetrating gray eyes; Abraham Lincoln–gray eyes; Grover Cleveland–gray eyes; John F. Kennedy–cool gray eyes). So who's gonna be the next President? I dunno--but I bet he'll (she'll?) have blue eyes. By the way, although there are some gaps in my record of presidential eye color, the only president listed as having brown (not hazel) eyes? Richard M. Nixon.

Eyes. They're really just extensions of our brains. People don't say look into a person's mouth and see their soul, or ear, or even more private parts. It's the eyes that are called the windows to the soul. People's eyes are given characteristics, playful, dancing, sparkling, etc.

And no, I don't know why I think these things...
_____________
*Answer: Blue

UPDATE: the percentage of blue-eyed presidents is even higher than I thought, 46.5% after I discovered every president since Nixon has had blue eyes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home