Monday, February 27, 2006

Swinging Before School

Because the Booglet came bouncing in on the bed at the crack of dawn (actually, I think she beat the sun up) we had some spare time this morning before embarking in the car for school.

So we went swinging in the cool morning air. The sky was brilliant blue and sharp.

And she asked me:

"Daddy, you remember when I was a little baby?"

"Sure, Sugar Bear."

"And I was in Mommy's tummy growing?"

"Oh yes I do." I say, pushing her in her blue swing. We're watching her shadow which I told her was probably very happy it got to go swinging so early in the morning before school.

"I was there when you came out." I say, pushing her again. Sweetheart, I'll remember that day for the rest of my life. Your mother said she could look into my eyes and see my soul. I think because part of my soul went to join you.

"I'm a big girl now." She says.

"You sure are."

And then off we went, playing KC & The Sunshine Band's Boogie Man all the way to school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home