Thursday, March 09, 2006


Astronomy 101

So I get home the other night and the first thing out of the Booglet's mouth is, "Daddy, how come we can see the moon during the daytime?"

Oh Sweetheart! You sure know how to make your daddy happy!

So I get a globe, a flashlight, and her play tomato to demonstrate how the moon revolves around the Earth and the Earth revolves around the sun. She played the moon, turning the tomato/satellite around the globe. Later we looked through her astronomy book and she named the planets...then counted them in Spanish.

This weekend, if it's clear, we'll break out Daddy's big telescope, okay?


Okay.

Wait till Daddy shows you the galaxy cluster in Virgo.

1 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger jemison said...

I've wanted a scope like this since I was in the third grade. I finally got to a point where I could say--for this at least--cost doesn't matter.

Now I want a 14 inch SCT with GPS--and 5 acres further out in the country where I can build my observatory.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home