Saturday, February 25, 2006

Of Swimmin', Women, and the Mountain in Waiting

The Booglet and I went to our first swim lesson today at the Y. I had told her the pool was inside and it would be nice and warm. Her face lit up and she said, "Daddy, I like this pool." I had to laugh out loud at her enthusiasm. We played and splashed and kicked our legs for over an hour. Every now and then Daddy would swim down and back, showing her how it was done. The lifeguard was totally charmed by the little one, offering a seahorse and fish toy and a noodle float. She said she was a fast learner. We had so much fun, taking a warm shower and putting our warm dry clothes on before going home to lunch made by Mommy. The Sugar Bear then crashed out for a nap--Daddy laid on the couch on the deck and enjoyed the afternoon breeze. Now she can't wait for next Saturday. Me either...

My women. They wear me out and fill me with such love and warmth. I do so like being Daddy.

The pool was also a good bit of exercise for me. Looks like Zack, JLA and I are making our move for the only one of the seven summits we can reasonably tackle. Zack is already heading to Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin on a reconnaissance mission. Be careful Buddy.

I need to get moving with my preparations--stairmaster and squats. And some more swimming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home