Friday, December 09, 2005

Of Yule Logs, Blogs, and our Days Together
Tonight I used old newspapers rolled up from last year's Christmas lights to start the grill. The paper was dry, having been sealed from a year ago. It burned well. Tomorrow we get this year's tree. It was like my own yule log. Learn more about the festival: read about the traditions, the tree, the gifts, and the yule log.

So, my little one, I don't know how much more I have to say. I guess I'll think of something...maybe I'll think of something. I'll let you know. I don't want to want to start repeating myself. I wonder how old you'll be when you read this...what you'll think. I hope you remember these moments as I have; I hope you at least remember them.

Until then, let's enjoy our time together.

Tomorrow, let's bundle up in Bubba and trek out into the country.
Let's cut a tree down, take it home and put lights over it.
Next year, I'll pull the newspapers from the lights and remember all to come,
Santa, baby Jesus, The Nutcracker, family, bells, crisp cold nights,
my yule log,
our days together...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home