Saturday, November 26, 2005

Of Tryptophan, Gator fan, and Childrearin'
Hope everyone had a wonderful feast. I finally figured out why the establishment embraces Thanksgiving. First, feed the masses. Then, after they are rested and well-fed, send them to the mall. This was first observed in Squanto, who, after eating his share of wild turkey and maze, wondered aloud, "Where are the sales?"

Yeah, so for those of you outside the sunshine state, which by the way lived up to its name yesterday and today as we enjoyed the zoo. The otters, they are such silly billies. The lion said 'hello' to us. As he passed, the big male made a move toward the fence, actually bouncing off it and giving a deep growl that raised primordial fears in all around. My daughter looked at me and starting her lower lip curling up. I ran to her, offered a sippy cup and picked her up. She said to me, "Daddy, I need to go pee-pee." Sweet darlin', half the people already did...and they're not wearin' pull-ups.

But inside this crazy state, inventor of hanging chads and last resort of corporate and criminal defendants, there was a game this afternoon. Gators: 34; FSU: 7. So it's done. See ya next year

That's my weekend. It's not baby-sitting when the child is yours. There was another moment: I grabbed her after putting on our shoes and pulled her onto my tummy. We sat there, looking at each other.

"Whiskers?" She said running her soft little hand over my chin.

Yeah sweetheart, Daddy's been off work. And haven't we had fun...

1 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger Christa said...

Aren't long weekends great, holiday or not? We didn't get out of our jammies till 3:30pm yesterday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home