Friday, May 05, 2006

Out of Office Reply

I'm out of the office from May 8th until as long as I can possibly stay out. Bear with me: you see, there are some fish that have been talkin' trash and swaggerin' round further south. They must be dealt with--with extreme prejudice. The Booglet and I have some explorin' to do, all sandy-toed under the live oaks and pines.

I'm out of the office, chasing sea turtles, lightning welks and horseshoe crabs. Walking in the early morning squishy cool water's edge with little feet padding behind in toddler time. I'm motoring out to the grass flats, snorkeling in the cool waters, scouting the good scallop beds for when the season opens later this summer.

I'm out of the office sneaking a quick furtive feel off my wife of almost eight years. Remember Calamity that night I came home telling you I had just seen for "miles and miles and miles"?* I had no idea how much further the universe could go. Now I see it's unlimited. You say you found a special spot on the island huh?

I'm out of the office. So, unless your hair is on fire, I'll speak to you later. If your hair is on fire, please e-mail me. I promise like a Republican to turn the Blackberry on one time next week for one (1) hour. I'll try to respond thoughtfully to your question, especially if it's about springtime redfish lures.
-----------------------------
* Pete Townshend

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home