Thursday, May 04, 2006

Dream

Last night I dreamed I was on the shore of a swamp. An elderly couple asked me what a spreading black stain in the water was from. I looked to a boat ramp a few feet away and saw a blob of oil seeping into the water, swirling and beautiful in its terrible way. Looking further into the hardwood swamp I noticed first one, then several deer sitting motionless under the canopy. The oil slick was spreading further and further into the water, curling into fantastic shapes. It was a paisley pattern of petroleum.

That's all I remember. I do recall being helpless and wondering what effect this would have.

I didn't remember this dream until driving to work this morning.

I rarely have dreams I remember. Calamity dreams all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home