Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Spring in badosworld

The acre kingdom is bouncing back to life after a winter's slumber.


Wisteria. I planted this about two years ago. It's an exotic (not native to the Sunshine State) but I enjoy the flowers so much I can't resist.


Iris. These were planted by Calamity and I shortly after we built the house. They come up every year to remind us spring is here.


Indigo bunting, Passerina cyanea . It's the best shot I could get of this little guy. After a strong front, usually you'll see a number of neo-tropicals like this one, riding the weather to parts north. He reminds me that the hummingbirds are on their way too so I juiced up the feeders and am waiting.


Booglet, Boogleta maxima, enjoying the yard and suffering Daddy's camera.

On a more somber note, I have another trial coming up in two weeks and will not be able to do much with this site. I'll try to post what I can and certainly be back on the other side...for now, I hope everyone has their gardens planted and is enjoying the nice weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home