Friday, September 09, 2005


The Little Red Book
Quotations from Chairman Mao Tsu Tung, also known as "The Little Red Book." This copy was bought for me by my good friend Bobalouie when he was in China about two months ago (on "bidness"). According to Bobalouie, many Chinese will hold this book when posing for pictures.

"Yes Sir! Toting the Party line Sir!"

I was hoping (in what would be the height of irony) that the book was printed in the USA but that appears not to be the case. The binding is of poor quality and the thing is literally falling apart already.

I will be checking in on the good Chairman for little nuggets of wisdom from time to time. I promise to be faithful to the book, including the misspellings in the English translation.

And now, Chairman, take it away...

If the U.S. monopoly capitalist groups persist in pushing their policies of aggression and war, the day is bound to come when they will be hanged by the people of the whole world. The same fate awaits the accomplices of the United States.

Speech at the Supreme State Conference (September 8, 1958).

Yikes Chairman! Couldn't you have started us off with something a little less apocalyptic?

Okay, how 'bout this...I keep a fortune cookie message taped to the back of my nameplate in my office. It says:

"You will always be successful in your professional career."

That's a little more cheery don't you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home