Thursday, August 25, 2005

Baby Steps
So here goes nothing..... I've been reading several postings on the internet and think its time to add my voice to the cacophony. I will try to make this interesting and not driven by the fickle winds of mass media.

So to begin with and in no particular order:

1) My dog Chester once caught a mullet in his mouth.
2) My daughter has been on a Poky Little Puppy kick so I almost have that story memorized now. What good that does me I don't know.
3) My daughter is the cutest child on the face of the Earth (see above).
4) I have made the swim from the barrier island here in my hometown to the mainland about ten times now. The trick is to watch the current. One false move and here we come Mexico!
5) I just got done reading Dante--I didn't realize Hell was actually frozen.
6) I believe the anthropic principle ends the discussion on Intelligent Design. More on this later.
7) I have a big 12 incher (telescope you filthy minded people) and can name the four Galilean moons from memory. If that makes me a nerd so be it.
8) I was born the same year Dylan released Highway 61 Revisted and, oddly enough, I can play a number of those songs on guitar too.
9) I expect the ruby-throated hummingbirds back any day now.
10) I memorized Lewis Carrol's poem The Jabberwocky in the fourth grade and still can recite it.

That's a start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home