Friday, June 16, 2006

Rollin' In My Sweet Baby's Arms

Made it home last night just in time to put on the trunks and go down to the water with the Booglet, Calamity and Chester. The Booglet and I waded out into the water as Mommy threw sticks for the hound. The water was cool. The sun was sinking. Mullet were jumping everywhere.

I sat down and the little one sat on me. We rolled back and forth in the small waves generated by the late afternoon sea breeze. She laughed and laughed and everyone had so much fun. So simple are the things we usually enjoy the most. No toys (except sticks for the Pup), no TV, nothing but Mommy and Daddy and the Booglet.

Afterward, we chased each other down the beach. Little squealing mixed with Mommy and Daddy genuinely laughing, full of her contagious mirth. I picked up two new books after a deposition yesterday and we read those. Then, I carried the little warm thirty pound bundle into her little girl bed. Surrounded by her stuffed animals, I kissed her goodnight, smelling the clean baby smell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home