Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Notable People I’ve Met*
This is the night, of the expanding man,
I take one last drag, as I approach the stand.
Steely Dan

1) Elliot Spitzer, Attorney General for New York, gubernatorial candidate for 2008.
I hope he runs for president one day. He was wearing one of those Ironman watches and on his way to go skiing but made time for me and my colleauges.

2) Roy Jones, Jr., prizefighter.
Shorter than me and not really impressive in street clothes. Just goes to show you can't judge a book by its cover.

3) Bob Riley, Governor of Alabama.
Wore cowboy boots to our meeting...with a suit.

4) Robert Kennedy, Jr., environmental activist.
Says he drives a Prius. Sure Bobby, when you're not in a limo.

5) Arriana Huffington, commentator.

6) Charlie Crist, Attorney General of Florida, gubernatorial candidate for 2006.
This guy makes George Hamilton look pale.

7) Don King, promoter.

8) Jack Kemp, NFL standout and previous vice-presidential candidate.
Don King gave a rambling 30 minute talk that was extremely entertaining. Jack Kemp gave a rambling, 30 minute talk that made me thank God he wasn't a heartbeat away from the Presidency.

9) Johnny Cochran, attorney.

10) Morris Dees, founder, Southern Poverty Law Center.
Genuinely decent man.

11) Bob Graham, former Senator and Governor of Florida.

12) Bill Nelson, Senator from Florida and former astronaut

13) Adam Duritz, musician, lead singer, Counting Crows
I couldn't help but keep thinking--Sideshow Bob, Sideshow Bob.

14) Jim White, musician
Dead-ringer for David Byrne.

15) Patrick J.A. Kiley, notable only in his own mind but I’m feeling expansive

* By met, I mean being in the same room with and talking to, not people I’ve seen at various functions; people I’ve gotten to look in the eye….

1 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Christa said...

I always thought the same thing about Adam Duritz! Too funny. It's a great list you've got here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home