Friday, June 01, 2007


Blue Moon

Full moon tonight. One due at the end of the month too, making it a "Blue Moon." Two full moons in one month: rare because the moon revolves around the Earth every 27 days and...oh, you know. It's rare. I guess like my entries.

Vacation.Was so much fun. My favorite picture, which is currently being withheld from me no doubt for a Father's Day enlargement, is a great shot of the Booglet, in a rare reversal of roles, making her best "funny face" while her daddy justs smiles behind her--absorbed in joy with her and her mother out on the grass flats.

Where we saw...

a....

shark Charcharhinus limbatus, sea turtle Caretta caretta, and lightening welk Busycon contrarium. The Booglet caught a fish, we explored Fort Crooked Tree, and did some body surfing in Shady Pines. I really need to write about the shark encounter. That was a big fish...I realized my excitement about it's size just as Calamity Jane gave my the look and the Booglet simply said, quietly, "Shark?"

Work. Is non-stop. I'm not complaining--just baffled. Where is time and what have all you bastards done with it? How does fifteen minutes here and next thing I do conquer years? My Mom just retired and I remember teaching her Plumbum in college. My neice, who I put to sleep by walking around with her on my shoulder, just graduated from college. My own little Booglet grows bigger. And yet, oddly enough, I remain 13, excited by finding a horned toad Phrynosoma wigginsi on our nature walk.

The garden is starting to come in. I'm especially proud of the blueberry production this year. At least a cup of home-grown blueberries every night for a while now...the Booglet has her hands full trying to drain the bowl I keep full of them. That's food I know is safe...it's grown in the acre kingdom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home