Saturday, October 15, 2005

Of Grillin', Bob Dylan, and Going Down to the River
Grilling out last night in the cool of the night. Fall is truly in swing now; the best time on the Gulf Coast. Cool north winds with low humidity. The hummingbirds are gone, replaced by the raptors passing through en route on their way along the Mississippi Flyway. My wife and daughter watched a bald eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus ) down by the bay two days ago.

Climbing out of her mother's car, my daughter told me today she had been listening to Bob Dylan. I had planted a CD in her mother's car on a trip with it last week. They've been listening to Bringing It All Back Home, specifically Subterranean Homesick Blues.

I'm so proud. Wait till she hears Daddy playing those songs for her.

Today, we all went down to the river, clear, cold and swift running. I got some good pictures with the new camera I'll have to put up. Chester chased sticks and waded into the cold water chest high. The sun was bright and the sky was an impossible blue.

My daughter and I traded high fives all the way back home in Daddy's "big truck," Bubba.

1 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Blogger Christa said...

(Bob Dylan lives a little over an hour away from me)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home